This article focuses on tips on how to keep pests out during the summer. Here in the Rockwall area, we’ve seen more rain than normal for a North Texas summer. This causes bugs and pests to move around and relocate. Ants for example have their colony washed out due to rain, so they move and build another one. This can cause a greater need for ant control service and pest control can become more challenging. With regular treatments, your bug population should be able to be kept in check so you can enjoy the pool, outdoor parties and other events outside your home.
To help prevent prevent pest control issues and keep pests out, apply some of the tips below.
- Keep kitchen counters clean and store food in sealed containers
- As we’ve mentioned many times before, eliminate areas of standing water
- Keep landscaping trimmed and maintained – this can be done yourself, or with a lawn service
- Divert rainwater away from the house – contact a professional about drainage solutions
- Keep basements, attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry
- Replace weather-stripping around windows and repair loose mortar around the
- Don’t let garbage pile up
- Do not store anything, especially firewood up against the home
- Don’t ignore cracks or holes in the exterior of the home
- Don’t give pests a free meal, clean up after outdoor parties
Following these summer pest control tips should help keep your home free from any pest activity. If you suspect you have a pest control problem, please seek the help of a pest control professional. Give us a call at 972-730-7378 or contact us.